Pages

Monday, 9 January 2012

Getting Organised

Hi everyone!

I’m off work today and have used my free time to finally sort out my sewing space. On November 12th 2011 my boyfriend and I moved from a 2 bed flat into a 3 bed house, which could only mean one thing… SEWING ROOM! My landlady and her husband used the room as an office and ever so kindly left us with a huuuuge desk = fabric cutting space!

It’s taken me the best part of 2 months to finally sort the room out so it can actually be used as a space and not just a dumping ground, so I am pleased to reveal the before and after pictures:


I’m so glad I finally have this sorted, in my old flat I used my dining table and every time we needed to use it I had to clear all my “sewing sh*t” away.

I also managed to fill up the lovely sewing box Kev bought me for xmas:


This little gem is from Oxfam – not donated but part of a range of craft items they now stock, including button boxes, needle cases, and some embroidery kits. I spotted this one day and spent about 10 minutes just holding it going “ooh… ahh” before putting it down and telling myself I could buy it after xmas, but the lovely boyf swooped in first :-)

One of the good things about a good spring clean means you come across things you thought you had lost or simply forgot you had. I learnt how to cross stitch from my mum, who then gave me her sewing tin with all her threads and patterns. I found some of her projects, some of which are completed and some which just need tidying up and framing, how gorgeous are these!



Over the next couple of days I’m going to take stock of my sewing stash and come up with my “12 for 2012” as seen on Suzie’s blog!

Ta ta for now
Nat X 

2 comments:

Debi said...

YAY! Congrats on your new sewing space! That table will be perfect for cutting/tracing, etc!

jamie said...

I am in the process of getting a sewing area together too! I am even newer than you to sewing-I just got my sewing machine for Christmas lol